In Bodega Cuatro Rayas, we are sure that it is not necessary to make complex recipes to enjoy a good meal. For this reason, in this blog we bring you some recipes that can help you in your kitchen daily life, always accompanying your dishes with one of our brand wines to take your experience to the next level.
Today we want to talk to you about one of the most typical dishes of our country. It is the famous Spanish omelette, a delicious dish that we have decided to pair with our o ’61’ Vermouth Verdejo.
We bet many of you already know the ingredients you are going to need:
- Olive oil
Yes, we prefer Spanish omelette with onion in this endless discussion that divides Spaniards!
-The first thing you must do is to dice the potatoes and add them to a frying pan with a good amount of oil. But, take care, the oil shouldn’t be really hot because you don’t want to fry them, but to give them a creamier texture, so they break apart when you smash them.
– While potatoes are cooking, chop the onion a put it in the frying pan.
– Allow everything to cook well, and when they are ready, strain them to remove the excess oil.
– Beat the eggs and add them to the potatoes and onion.
– Let it soak well and add some salt.-
– Now you just need to put the mix in a hot frying pan and let it cook on one side before flipping it (the turning point of the recipe).
– Once it is cooked on both sides, your Spanish omelette is ready.
While it cools down, pour yourself a glass of ’61’ Vermouth Verdejo, an ideal pairing for this dish..
In Bodega Cuatro Rayas, we have chosen this brand with a good balance in the palate, and a bitter, long, and pleasant finish. Hints of fennel, elderflower, thyme, and rosemary.
A perfect combination to pair the Spanish omelette, don’t you think? You can check it out in this video. Enjoy it